WOULD YOU 'CARE' TO READ THIS TRUE TALE?

WOULD YOU 'CARE' TO READ THIS TRUE TALE? - Hallo friend TELLING GUIDE FOR CHILDREN, In the article you read this time with the title WOULD YOU 'CARE' TO READ THIS TRUE TALE?, we have prepared well for this article you read and download the information therein. hopefully fill posts items ADVENTURE, items ANIMATION, items DREAMS, items IMAGINATION, items LEARNING, items MOTIVATION, we write can understand. Well, happy reading.

Title : WOULD YOU 'CARE' TO READ THIS TRUE TALE?
link : WOULD YOU 'CARE' TO READ THIS TRUE TALE?

Read also


WOULD YOU 'CARE' TO READ THIS TRUE TALE?


Let me tell you a story - a true story.  This took place just over two years ago and involves a staff member who works at the Care Home my 104 year-old mother currently resides in.  I was leaving one night when I noticed there were no bedsheets or duvets on my mother's bed.  Spotting a staff member at the end of the corridor, I said "Excuse me..." in a perfectly polite way.  Her eyelids flickered, indicating she had heard me but decided not to answer.  "Excuse me" I said again, "there's no bedsheets on my mother's bed."  Her response?  "Nothing' to do wi' me, I've just started my shift - I don't know what happens through the day" (though she should be informed at the handover) she said, without even looking in my direction.  Her tone was contemptuous, and her manner seemed to suggest that I was out of order even speaking to her.

"If I don't tell you, you won't know," I replied, only to be met with a brusque "Ah'll pass it on!"  I told her I didn't like her tone and I reported her the next day.  Because I couldn't supply her name (didn't know it), my complaint was only partially upheld, though as there were only two or three staff on in my mother's wing that night, it should've been easy to determine who the offending party was.  Remember when I told you on a previous occasion about finding my mother fully dressed, asleep in front of the TV (which was still on, as well as the room light) at 1 a.m. in the morning?  (I'd gone up to check on something.)  I complained about that as well, and their response was to start locking the outer doors, clearly to prevent me from making any further early morning discoveries of neglect and incompetence.  These doors had never been locked before in the two years my mother had been a resident so you can draw your own conclusions.  (The inner doors had a keypad entry system to which I had the code.)  When I asked this woman why the doors were suddenly being locked, she sarcastically replied "Cuz Ah fancied a change!"

This Care Home has an inability to replace my mother's hearing aid batteries on a regular basis, often leaving her deaf for hours at a time.  Sometimes I would ask this woman to replace them and she'd make the excuse that she had something else to do first.  This happened at least a couple of times.  An hour later, it was time for me to leave, without being able to communicate with my mother as the staff member had apparently disappeared off the face of the earth.  When I asked other members, they said they'd go and get the other woman to do it, but again, there was no show.  This happened several times, and I had no alternative but to depart when my visit was over without being able to speak with my mother.  It was clear to me that the woman was simply being spiteful to get back at me for complaining about her.

A few months back, I arrived and saw her through the windowed inner doors, lolling against the wall as she checked her mobile 'phone.  I could hear someone from down the corridor, repeatedly calling "Hello, hello, hello..." so this woman must've heard her too.  When she looked up from her mobile and saw me, she walked off in the opposite direction from the source of the voice, presumably to avoid me.  Once inside, I soon learned that it was my mother, standing at her door and calling for assistance (I hadn't recognised her voice at first), only to be ignored by this particular staff member.  You couldn't make it up, could you?  Management, though, seem determined to protect their staff at the expense of the residents and their relatives and I'm made to feel I'm the problem, not their staff. 

And now there have been other developments, which I'll share at a later date.  What's that?  The name of this woman?  It's Janette Beckinridge and below is what she looks like.  Next time I talk on this subject, I'll name-and-shame a liar and a thief.



Thus Article WOULD YOU 'CARE' TO READ THIS TRUE TALE?

that is all articles WOULD YOU 'CARE' TO READ THIS TRUE TALE? This time, hopefully can provide benefits to you all. Okay, see you in a post on other articles.

You are now reading the article WOULD YOU 'CARE' TO READ THIS TRUE TALE? the link address https://tellingguidefor.blogspot.com/2026/07/would-you-care-to-read-this-true-tale.html

Subscribe to receive free email updates:

0 Response to "WOULD YOU 'CARE' TO READ THIS TRUE TALE?"

Post a Comment