Title : CAPTAIN BRITAIN #1 - 50th ANNIVERSARY...
link : CAPTAIN BRITAIN #1 - 50th ANNIVERSARY...
CAPTAIN BRITAIN #1 - 50th ANNIVERSARY...
![]() |
| Copyright MARVEL COMICS |
I worked in the warehouse of my local Boots The Chemist at the time, and I recall buying the 1st ish (and the next four, just before quitting my job) of Captain Britain on my way to work one morning. I've a vivid impression it was a weekday, as I think I only worked Monday to Friday, not the weekend. If my memory's correct, it's odd this title wasn't a Saturday comic, as, up until then, most (if not all) Marvel UK mags tended to come out on a Saturday.
I bought it in John Menzies (which became WH Smith years later, and, more recently, TG Jones) and whenever I look through my collection of CBs, 'tis JM and the Plaza Shopping Centre I mainly think of as they're indelibly linked with my teenage youth, being but a mere 17-years-old at the time. An interesting fact is I eventually reclaimed my original issues when my pal Joe passed away last year (Oct 21st), as I gave them to him sometime in the late '70s.
That means I now have two sets, as I acquired replacements for all of them around 1983 or '84 and I'm loath to part with either set, as they each have their own collection of memories and associations. So, 50 years gone by in a flash, but I take a measure of comfort from the fact Captain Britain reminds me of people and places that are no longer around, though they all live again as I browse through their pages and remind myself of halcyon days of yesteryear.
What about the rest of you Crivs? Any memories of this particular title? The comment section awaits your erudite, interesting, and entertaining observations. Don't let me down now.
Thus Article CAPTAIN BRITAIN #1 - 50th ANNIVERSARY...
that is all articles CAPTAIN BRITAIN #1 - 50th ANNIVERSARY... This time, hopefully can provide benefits to you all. Okay, see you in a post on other articles.
You are now reading the article CAPTAIN BRITAIN #1 - 50th ANNIVERSARY... the link address https://tellingguidefor.blogspot.com/2026/10/captain-britain-1-50th-anniversary.html
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
0 Response to "CAPTAIN BRITAIN #1 - 50th ANNIVERSARY..."
Post a Comment